Not all of us have time to plan our outfits the night before. Some of us like to waste time on our smartphones until we fall asleep. Others have actual responsibilities like putting kids to bed, responding to work emails, or folding that last pile of laundry. When you get up in the morning, your creative juices might not be flowing yet. So what do you do when you wake up with no energy to come up with a fabulous outfit idea? You opt for the 5 minute outfit.
How to Achieve the 5 Minute Outfit
1. Start with a basic canvas that’s a no-brainer. If it’s the weekend, it may be jeans and a t-shirt. If it’s the workweek, it may be your favorite capris and a tank top.
2. A statement kimono in a bold color will make you feel instantly fabulous. It’s comfortable and lightweight. And if you’re in a chilly office or restaurant, it will hide your goose bumps. There are so many affordable options out there for year-round wear.
3. Style your basic tee with a power accessory. I like to call them power accessories because they give you that extra oomph to make you feel special all day.
4. Go for bright red or hot pink lipstick. Oftentimes that extra burst of lip color will get people talking and complimenting your sense of beauty.
5. Finish off your look with neutral, yet comfortable shoes. Nude wedges usually go with everything and are comfortable. With this option, you don’t have to spend time searching for the right shoe or worry if your feet will be in agony all day.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve worn these jeans with a white top and thrown a kimono over it. The kimono is like a superhero cape. There’s something about a fabulous flowing piece of cloth that makes you feel like you can accomplish so much more. Shop my 5-minute look in the blog shop.
Photographs taken by Mattea Linae. Necklace provided by Soft Surroundings.