Love European home decor, but find that you have limited options? H&M Home will soon be available to American shoppers, as reported by WWD. Hooray for us! The collection is inspired by runway fashions and translated into affordable, trendy decor for the home. H&M Home already debuted successfully in Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, and Austria in 2009, in the UK in 2010, and is set to reach our shores by early 2013.
1. Bow hooks / 2. Duvet Cover Set / 3. Table Runner / 4. Paper Napkins / 5. Tin / 6. Shoe Bag / 7. Faux Fur Blanket / 8. Sequin Cushion Cover / 9. Vase
Each season, three main collections will be available. And in true fast fashion style, an array of accessories and furnishings will be introduced bi-monthly. Rest assured that not only will your wardrobe be hip, but your home will be happening too. It’ll be easy to swap last season’s ikat pillow with this season’s fur pillow for less than the cost of your dinner. No IKEA in your area? No problem. Now you can head to H&M for your inexpensive decor needs. You’ll be inspired to decorate more than just a dorm room – think versatile first apartment, condo, or home. Imagine your new elegant guest room, cozy kitchen table, or earthy den.
The designs cover the whole spectrum with something for everyone. Here are the current collections. I will be impressed to see how they continue to create original ideas so often for each new season.
|All images are courtesy of H&M.com|
- Feminine Bohemian: bright floral printed sheets and accessories defined by rich burgundy, plum, and turquoise hues; funky towels with high heel graphics, lace tablecloths, and brightly colored candles for quirky feminine touches
- Pretty Kitty: the kitschiest of designs from the cute cat patterned duvets and towels, to the pretty black and pink bows, as well as the yummy macaroon inspired aprons and tablecloths
- Decadent Glamour: a mix of patterns and textures, copper and silver metallics, as well as sequin, satin, and velvet cushions; perfect for that glitzy glamourous bedroom or living room you secretly crave (with the kids’ toys safely hidden away of course!)
- Authentic Tradition: warm autumnal hues, rugged textiles, and Inca patterns for a more down home feel
Are you excited for H&M Home to arrive in the U.S.? What do you think of the collection? Please share in the comments below!