What I want, need, and love this week… Neiman Marcus Christmas Book 2013 Edition
Neiman Marcus recently sent me their 2013 Christmas Holiday Book featuring over 500 of their favorite selections recommended this season. More than 40% of the catalogue is under $250 from $12 for a monogrammed mug to $1.85 million for the Forevermark Ultimate Diamond Experience. The holiday book originated in 1915 as a Christmas card inviting customers to stop by for their holiday shopping. The next catalogue appeared in 1926 and the rest is history. The priciest item ever offered was an incomplete Boeing Business Jet for $35 million. This year Neiman Marcus will donate a portion of the proceeds from each Fantasy Gift to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation benefitting youth with exciting art experiences. I’ve shared the items I most covet from the catalogue. It was hard to pare down the list. What do you think? Are there any others you would have included?
1. 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Volante: This year, there are six exciting Fantasy Gifts including this Aston Martin Vanquish Volante priced at $344,500. This hand built luxury vehicle is one of only ten in the world. Other Fantasy Gifts include a Bespoke Global Falconry Companion, Ciclotte Exercise Bicycle, a Glass House Experience, an Outdoor Telescoping Screen at 201″, a 25-carat rough Forevermark diamond with accompanying trip of its creation, Indian Larry’s “Wild Child” Motorcycle, and Jeff Koons’s Dom Perignon Balloon Venus.
2. iomoi Classic Leather Monogrammed Tote: This stylish leather bag will fit all your workday needs. Plus you can get it monogrammed for a personalized touch.
3. Alexander McQueen Pleated Trim Cut-out Dress: Inspired by religious attire, this layered dress is both prim and flirty with black laser-cut wool on top and a white cotton poplin hem.
4. L’Objet Bambou Desk Accessories: Nature meets modernity with these 24-karat gold plated bookends, which will add a gilded touch to your decor.
5. Alice + Olivia Cap-Sleeve Eyelet Dress: Get your holiday wardrobe off to a haute start in this fiery red eyelet dress with contrasting underlay.
6. Valentino Rouge Absolute Patent Scallop Pump: Play the vamp with these red-hot heels, perfect with the Alice + Olivia dress on this list.
7. Sophie Hulme Signature Leather Tote Bag: This structured burgundy tote bag will carry you through the winter. Made of supple calfskin leather and adorned with golden colored hardware, this piece will become a staple in your closet.
8. Lanvin Rose Cloque Inside-Pleat Dress: A Lanvin Fall 2013 runway favorite, you will be the talk of the party in this fit and flare fuschia confection.
See anything you want, need, or love? Tell me what you think!