Hope everyone celebrating had a wonderful 4th of July! I took a few days off the blog for some R&R. But naturally, I’m not one to sit still and I ended up working on other projects. When I’m excited about something, I like to dive right in, don’t you? Back to the world of fashion…I am a sucker for printed pants, particularly when that print involves stripes. This pair of belted wide leg cropped pants was calling my name (and they’re only $30 now).
One of my favorite ways to style printed pants is with a graphic tee. Since this striped pair is pretty clean cut, I wore mine with a simple white graphic tee. A fabulous way to tie this look together is by adding another element of the print from the pants to the rest of the look. So I tied a striped skinny scarf to my tote. And voila! A cute summery way to style wide leg cropped pants.
5 More Ways to Style Wide Leg Cropped Pants
- If your pants are printed, wear a top printed in a complementary color. Here’s a great example. Extra points if you top it off with a boyfriend blazer.
- Ankle boots go well with wide leg cropped pants. Peep toe booties are perfect for summer.
- Cinch them with a contrasting colored belt.
- If it’s chilly, wear a coat that hits a couple inches above your pants’ hem and throw your crossbody bag across the front.
- Try a pair that comes with a suit. The matching look will be office appropriate in the summer.
The Wisdom of Graphic Tees
Graphic tees are your secret style BFF. When you don’t quite know what to top your look off with, whether you’re wearing jeans, a maxi skirt, or a pair of wide leg pants, you can always count on a graphic tee. If I’m not working, most days I like a low maintenance casual look. Owning a slew of graphic tees comes in handy. I love a cheeky one like this because it sets a great tone for your day. A well fitting graphic tee is the perfect neutral item in your closet.
Hope you enjoyed this casual, yet cheery way to style wide leg cropped pants. You can shop this look in the blog shop!