Everyday when we open our closet, we secretly hope the perfect outfit will instantly reveal itself. How to look polished on the regular is a daily struggle. My tip is to focus on one piece like statement heels or a gorgeous blouse and style from there.
For example, a polished blouse should have the right feel, be wrinkle free, and make me feel a little extra special. Recently I wore this adorable bouquet printed blouse with ruffles, which instantly elevated my look.
If I had a closet full of blouses like this, looking polished on a daily basis would be a cinch.
Blouses to Look Polished yet Casual
If you’re wondering how to look polished whether you’re headed to work, out for the weekend, or both, here are some great blouse options:
10 More Ways to Look and Feel Polished
Some women seem like they always look put together. Most likely there are a few rules that they don’t compromise on.
Even if it’s a challenge to get yourself out the door, why not create your own rules to live by? When you give yourself structure, you are less likely to waste time on random stuff. Eventually these tips will become second nature and you’ll notice an overall improvement in your appearance. (If you’re looking for ways to improve on the inside, here’s a great post on how to declutter your mind.)
These are some of my tips for how to look polished everyday:
- Soft Lips: Always make sure your lips are buffed, smooth, and coated with a pretty color. I have a bad habit of biting my lip so I use a lip scrub daily. I love the lip scrubs at Lush and this one too.
- Maintain Your Manicure: One of the most obvious ways to look disheveled is when your manicure is far from fresh. To make chips less obvious between appointments, try nude or pale pink shades. I love this option.
- Stay Shine Free: Remember to carry blotting papers for a mid-day shine check. These are the ones I carry in my purse.
- Hide Behind Your Sunnies: Keep your favorite pair of sunglasses in your purse in case you need to cover up the effects of a crazy night out.
- Eyebrows Always on Point: I don’t feel like myself when my eyebrows have gone rogue. Schedule a standing appointment for your eyebrows every two weeks so you never have to worry about stray hairs or making sure your preferred stylist is available.
- Keep the Grays at Bay: Ensure you’ve always got a box of your favorite hair dye stocked at home for when your grays reemerge. This is my favorite hair dye for root touch ups.
- Frizz is a Daily Battle: Determine the best product to tame flyaways, smooth frizz, or define curl for your hair type and keep a travel size option in your purse for a windy day. I’ve been using this for the little wispies at my crown.
- Raccoon Eyes: If you’ve got dark circles, find a good under eye concealer and highlighter for color coverage and brightening. This one really brightens my eyes.
- Mask on Sundays: Set aside Sunday for some beauty pampering. A weekly mask like this one is a great way to keep up regular exfoliation, skin brightening, and purging for your face.
- Confidence Always: Confidence is essential to looking polished. When I look my best, I feel my best. I’ve shared why wearing yellow is one of my favorite mood boosters. What’s yours?
What are some of your favorite ways to maintain a polished look? I loved to know.